At California Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers, we advocate for families who have experienced elder abuse in a nursing home. Unfortunately, nursing home abuse is not uncommon for residents in these institutions. Even more shocking is how frequently it goes unreported.
Maintaining safety in nursing homes is imperative for the residents and their family members, who have entrusted the staff to provide adequate care. The hard reality is that being mistreated in a nursing home is not the only type of institute that has a history of treating people and their patients poorly.
We are passionate about advocating for people who have experienced injustice and holding institutes accountable. Our passion led us to create the 2022 Nursing Home Negligence Scholarship for students to share a time that they were mistreated. Students can reflect on the importance of attorneys who advocate for those who have experienced negligence and unfair treatment.
This is a $1,000 scholarship opportunity. The deadline to apply is December 31, 2022. To learn more about eligibility and requirements, continue reading below.
- The scholarship is available to current high school seniors, vocational students, college students, or graduate students who are legal residents of the United States and are enrolled in a two to five-year post-secondary institution for the Fall 2022 semester.
- Employees of California Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers, their immediate relatives (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and anybody residing in the same homes (whether related or not) as such individuals are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Candidates for this award must have a 3.0 GPA or better and be in excellent academic standing overall.
- The candidate must submit a 500 – 1,000 word essay response to the prompt: share a time that an institution mistreated you. Students should then reflect on the importance of attorneys who advocate for those who have experienced negligence and unfair treatment at the hands of others.
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their professional and academic experience.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school and the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The CA Nursing Home Scholarship recipient will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2022. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “CA Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers – 2022 Nursing Home Negligence Scholarship Application.”
Please send any questions to email@example.com as well.